Choosing Therapy is Hiring
Choosing Therapy was founded in 2020 with three clear missions:
- Improve the quality of mental health content on web
- Increase the number of people participating in talk therapy
- Help therapists launch and grow a video-based private practice
Choosing Therapy is currently hiring an SEO Associate. Take a closer look at those roles below.
If you’re a licensed therapist and would like to write for Choosing Therapy, learn more here.
Choosing Therapy is on a mission to increase access to mental health care, decrease stigma, and improve the quality of mental health and wellness content on the web. We work with licensed therapists and medical professionals to create accurate, in-depth, actionable content for our audience. We’re creating content to help our audience learn about and effectively navigate mental health disorders, relationships, important life stages, major life events, affording therapy, and finding the right therapist.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious, self-starting SEO Specialist to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup. We’re looking to add a team member that’s passionate about our mission and ready to pitch in and make an impact. As Choosing Therapy’s first full time SEO hire, you’ll continue to hone your SEO skills while taking on new challenges, larger responsibilities, and working closely with the cofounders (CEO and COO).
- Perform keyword research and SERP analysis to provide insights to our editorial team
- Conduct competitor analysis and identify new content opportunities
- Work closely with our editorial team to create and prioritize content runways and plan new content verticals
- Build links by promoting the unique value of Choosing Therapy’s expert mental health content and the importance high editorial standards in the space
- Promote our authors and help make their experience and insights available to other journalists and media outlets
- Map and maintain site architecture to promote good search visibility and UX
- Monitor site performance on regular basis to ensure were achieving visibility and traffic goals
- Conduct internal linking audits on a regular basis to ensure maximum visibility of our most important content
- Work with our Technical SEO team and Developers to improve search visibility, site speed, and mobile-friendliness
- Stay up-to-date on SEO trends
- BA/BS from 4-year college or university
- 2+ years of SEO experience
- Passionate about SEO, content marketing, and staying current on best practices and industry trends
- Passionate about mental health and wellness
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Focus on data-driven problem-solving
- Familiar with SEO tools (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, etc.)
- Familiar with WordPress
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS is a plus
- Familiarity with social media marketing is a plus
Salary: $45k-$50k per year based on experience.
We are based in Brooklyn, NY, but this is a remote-friendly position.
How to Apply
Write a cover letter that includes details about an SEO-related project you’re most proud of and explain why you want to work for a mental health startup.
Email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Include in subject line: SEO Specialist – Your Name
This content was last updated 10.16.2020 by the Choosing Therapy team.