Choosing Therapy is Hiring
Choosing Therapy was founded in 2020 with three clear missions:
- Improve the quality of mental health content on web
- Increase the number of people participating in talk therapy
- Help therapists earn a better living in private practice
Choosing Therapy is currently hiring nationwide for:
If you’re a licensed therapist and would like to write for Choosing Therapy, learn more here.
If you’re a licensed therapist and would like to claim a free profile on our therapist directory, click here.
Licensed Therapists | Part-Time | Nationwide
Choosing Therapy’s group practice is hiring licensed therapists for part-time, contracted teletherapy positions. We currently work with 300+ therapists nationwide and are expanding to meet the growing demand for psychotherapy and counseling.
Our therapists focus on counseling and leave the rest to us.
Work when you want to: days, nights, or weekends.
They earn between $45 – $90 per session
We find patients for you to see, and handle the administrative workload that comes with seeing clients (scheduling, onboarding, billing). This enables you to focus on providing the best clinical care possible.
You focus on counseling, while we:
- Find clients for you to provide therapy
- Credential and panel you with top insurers
- Handle patient scheduling, on-boarding, and billing
- Provide a HIPAA compliant EHR and video
Clients are increasingly expecting to pay for therapy with their insurance. If you do not accept insurance, many potential clients will not consider working with you. In order to increase access to care, we require our therapists to get credentialed and paneled with top insurers through us. While there is some minimal initial work on your part to begin this process, our full-time credentialing specialists will handle the majority of the effort. Depending on session length and insurer, you should expect to take home between $45-$90 per session from insurance-pay clients.
Set Your Own Hours & Fees
You set your own hours. Work the days/evenings and hours you want to. We require a minimum of 10 hours of availability per week. We find it difficult to consistently schedule clients with therapists that have less than 10 hours of availability.
You set your own rates for self-pay clients. While we expect that the majority of clients will be using insurance to pay for therapy, you can set your own rate for self-pay.
Attract the Clients You Work Best With
We will work with you to create a robust profile page with a video on our national therapist directory. This profile will work to attract your ideal clients from those who come to our directory looking for a therapist. While we work to match you with ideal clients, we do expect our therapists to work with any client sent to them that is clinically appropriate.
Master’s degree or higher in counseling, social work, psychology or mental health related fields.
Licensed as an MFT, LMHC, LCSW, LPCC or psychologist or state equivalent.
We are not able to accept interns or therapists who require supervision to provide individual therapy.
Malpractice insurance (a $1M/$3M policy).
At least ten hours per week available to see private practice patients.
Weekday, Evening, and Weekend hours available.
Application & Screening Process
Respond to this posting with your resume. Please include your state licensing information, including license number.
After you send your resume, we will reach out to you to schedule a video interview within a week if we are interested in moving your application forward.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Client/Therapist Matching Coordinator
Choosing Therapy is a management services organization that helps therapists launch and grow video-based private practices. We provide a number of services including patient acquisition, scheduling, onboarding and billing. Currently, we have 230+ therapists working with us and we are growing at a rapid pace.
The Client/Therapist Matching Coordinator contacts potential therapy clients, educates them about talk therapy, helps them find a therapist, and assists in scheduling their first appointment. While the position does not involve therapy or technically require a license, we prefer to hire therapists due the sensitive nature of the communications between the Matching Coordinator and potential clients. Candidate should be highly outgoing and friendly, and comfortable making 30+ phone calls per day. The position reports to Choosing Therapy’s Clinical Director.
- Reach out to potential clients who have completed an online form to schedule a “Free Therapist Matching Consultation”
- Conduct, by phone or video, brief consultations to learn about the potential clients preferences and needs for therapy
- Find therapist matches for the potential client from our 200+ video based therapists
- Assist in scheduling the clients first appointment
- Contribute to a motivated team looking to make therapy more accessible
- Candidate is an LCSW, LPC/LPCC, LMHC or LMFT
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking is a plus
- Requires nights and/or mid shift hours
- This position is 100% remote
Full Time Position: $40,000 to $50,000 Annual Salary
Part-Time Position: $20 – $25 Per Hour
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with a link to your LinkedIn profile, a cover letter, and your resume. Use subject line: “Client/Therapist Matching Coordinator”
Public Relations Associate
Choosing Therapy is an online therapy platform and publisher of mental health and emotional wellness content. We provide the therapists on our platform a wide range of services including patient acquisition, scheduling, onboarding and billing. We also help them reach larger audiences through publishing and PR effort. Currently, we work with more than 500 therapists and we are growing at a rapid pace.
This is an entry level position for a person looking to break into the world of public relations. We work with over 500 therapists, who have expertise in a wide variety of areas. Your job is to get them quoted in the media.
Using a combination of tools, you’ll find relevant journalist/media inquiries, pass them along to the most qualified therapists, and then make sure their responses get picked up for publication. Your job is to help our therapists get great information out to qw wider audience and build the Choosing Therapy brand in the process.
You will also proactively build relationships with reporters in the mental health and wellness space, with the goal of becoming the go-to person for quotes/interviews related to mental health.
- Developing relationships with reporters and bloggers covering mental health.
- Develop relationships with our therapist that want media coverage.
- Actively evaluate opportunities for media coverage.
- Reach out (email) therapists about specific opportunities for coverage and generate responses on a timely basis.
- Polish responses from therapists prior to sending them back to journalists.
- College Education
- Relevant Internships / Work Experience In Public Relations Or SEO
- Strong Written / Verbal Communication Skills
- Interest In Psychology, Mental Health, Emotional Wellbeing
- You Understand That Response Time Is Everything
- This position is 100% remote
Full Time Position: $40,000 Annual Salary
How to Apply
Please fill out the application here.
(Resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile required to apply.)
This content was last updated 11.16.2021 by the Choosing Therapy team.