Choosing Therapy is Hiring
Choosing Therapy was founded in 2020 with three clear missions:
- Improve the quality of mental health content on web
- Increase the number of people participating in talk therapy
- Help therapists launch and grow a video-based private practice
Choosing Therapy is currently hiring a Client/Therapist Matching Coordinator and a Head of Payer Strategy & Sales. Take a closer look at those roles below.
If you’re a licensed therapist and would like to write for Choosing Therapy, learn more here.
If you’d like to sign up for a free directory listing, click here.
Client/Therapist Matching Coordinator
Choosing Therapy is a management services organization that helps therapists launch and grow video-based private practices. We provide a number of services including patient acquisition, scheduling, onboarding and billing. Currently, we have 230+ therapists working with us and we are growing at a rapid pace.
The Client/Therapist Matching Coordinator contacts potential therapy clients, educates them about talk therapy, helps them find a therapist, and assists in scheduling their first appointment. While the position does not involve therapy or technically require a license, we prefer to hire therapists due the sensitive nature of the communications between the Matching Coordinator and potential clients. Candidate should be highly outgoing and friendly, and comfortable making 30+ phone calls per day. The position reports to Choosing Therapy’s Clinical Director.
- Reach out to potential clients who have completed an online form to schedule a “Free Therapist Matching Consultation”
- Conduct, by phone or video, brief consultations to learn about the potential clients preferences and needs for therapy
- Find therapist matches for the potential client from our 200+ video based therapists
- Assist in scheduling the clients first appointment
- Contribute to a motivated team looking to make therapy more accessible
- Candidate is an LCSW, LPC/LPCC, LMHC or LMFT
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking is a plus
- Requires nights and/or mid shift hours
- This position is 100% remote
Full Time Position: $40,000 to $50,000 Annual Salary
Part-Time Position: $20 – $25 Per Hour
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with a link to your LinkedIn profile, a cover letter, and your resume. Use subject line: “Client/Therapist Matching Coordinator”
Head of Payer Strategy & Sales
At Choosing Therapy, we are helping mental health therapists launch and grow video-based practices. While there are over 300,000 licensed therapists in the United States, fewer than half of them are in private practice. We focus on the business of running a private practice, enabling our therapists to focus on providing the highest quality of care. Currently, we are working with over 230+ mental health providers with a focus on the four largest states. The company has raised venture capital from several leading VCs in 2020.
The company has focused on the self-pay clients. However, expanding payment options for clients to include commercial insurance is a key to future growth. The Head of Payer Strategy will be spearheading our efforts to form relationships with commercial payers, managing the contracting process, and overseeing relationships. The Head of Payer Strategy will be responsible for using his/her extensive payer network and experience to source new relationships and implement innovative solutions with payer partners. The ideal candidate is someone with deep industry experience who is seeking an opportunity to apply that knowledge in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. This role will report directly to the CEO.
- Develop and build strong relationships with commercial payer partners.
- Participate in developing innovative payer and business model strategies that enhance access to affordable, high quality mental healthcare.
- Actively participate in negotiations and contracting in partnership with our CEO and legal team.
- Partner closely with our product and business development teams to identify and execute on partnership opportunities with payer to drive business objectives.
- 4+ years working with or at a national payor or regional Blue.
- Deep expertise in the payor landscape, payor business models, contracting and operating within payor organizations.
- Able to call upon an extensive network within the payor space to source and execute on partnerships.
- Passionate about expanding access to therapists.
- A seasoned relationship manager who can navigate highly complex organizations and effectively get things done.
- A creative and hands on problem solver.
Market based salary + Equity Options
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with a link to your LinkedIn profile, a cover letter, and your resume. Use subject line: “Payer Strategy – Your Name”
This content was last updated 3.29.2021 by the Choosing Therapy team.