Terms of Service
Last Modified: October 2023
Welcome to Choosing Therapy! Your health is important to us. Please carefully review the information below. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD DIAL “9-1-1” IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THOUGHTS OF SELF-HARM OR SUICIDE, YOU SHOULD DIAL “9-8-8” FOR THE SUICIDE & CRISIS LIFELINE.
Choosing Therapy’s platform is not appropriate to address emergency or life-threatening medical conditions and should not be used as such.
IF YOU RELY ON ANY DATA OR INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CHOOSING THERAPY WEBSITE, DIRECTORY, EMAIL NEWSLETTERS, OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS OFFERINGS), YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF SUCH DATA OR INFORMATION. OUR OFFERINGS ARE PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CHOOSING THERAPY, INC. IS NOT ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, MEDICAL, COUNSELING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. OUR OFFERINGS ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FINANCIAL, HEALTH, OR LIFESTYLE INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE.
- No Warranty. The Choosing Therapy Platform is provided AS-IS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW,THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND CHOOSING THERAPY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CHOOSING THERAPY AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE CHOOSING THERAPY PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE ERROR-FREE OR WITHOUT INTERRUPTION; THAT ALL ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE CHOOSING THERAPY PLATFORM WILL BE FREE OF VULNERABILITY TO INTRUSION OR ATTACK; OR THAT YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS WILL BE SATISFIED.
- Limitation of Liability. CHOOSING THERAPY IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE. ALL MEDICAL SERVICES PROMOTED ON CHOOSING THERAPY WILL BE PERFORMED BY ADVERTISERS, WHO OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY OF CHOOSING THERAPY. THEREFORE CHOOSING THERAPY WILL NOT HAVE LIABILITY FOR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED BY ADVERTISERS. THE CONTENT, TOOLS, AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY CHOOSING THERAPY ARE NOT INTENDED TO TREAT ANY ILLNESS, DISEASE, OR ADVERSE HEALTH CONDITION, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED THE PRACTICE OF ANY PROFESSION.
- Contacting Providers. When you share information with providers listed in the Choosing Therapy Directory via the form which is generated by clicking on the “Request Appointment”, “Email Me”, “Call Me” Button, or any similar contact forms, Choosing Therapy has a record of the email address and to which provider the email is sent. Choosing Therapy does not review, capture or retain the content of the message. You should not send medical or sensitive information through this medium, as email may not be secure.
- Newsletters. When you sign-up for a newsletter(s) from Choosing Therapy, Choosing Therapy captures and retains a record of the activity associated with the email address including which specific newsletters were opened and links clicked. This information is used to customize content and advertising offered. Choosing Therapy does not sell or provide your personal information to third parties.
- Third-Party Content. The Choosing Therapy Platform may contain other content, products or services which are offered or provided by third parties (“Third-Party Content”), links to Third-Party Content (including links to other websites), or advertisements which are related to Third-Party Content. We have no responsibility for the creation of any Third-Party Content, including without limitation any related products, services, practices, terms or policies, and we will not be liable for any damage caused by any Third-Party Content.
- Notices. Notices to Choosing Therapy shall be in writing and may be sent via email. You can notify Choosing Therapy Inc., [email protected] with any questions, complaints, or claims with respect to the Choosing Therapy Platform.
- Prohibited Uses. You agree not to:
- Use, modify, sell, assign or transfer the content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, post, transmit, or otherwise use this Site or any of its contents in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
- Reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any software included in connection with the Site.
- Use the Site for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Promote, encourage, or engage in defamatory, harassing, abusive, or otherwise objectionable behavior.
- Interfere with the operation of the Site.
- Copy or distribute in any medium any part of the Site.
- Use or access the Site in an abusive, excessive, or inappropriate manner as determined in the sole discretion of Choosing Therapy.
BY YOUR USE OF THE CHOOSING THERAPY PLATFORM, YOU INDICATE THAT YOU HAVE AGREED TO ALL OF THE ABOVE TERMS.