Martha Teater has been a licensed therapist since 1985. She has practiced in Ohio, North Carolina, and Colorado. Martha began her private practice in 1990 and has worked with people who have various areas of concern. She specializes in mood disorders, phobias, relationships, substance use, chronic pain, disaster mental health, family issues, burnout, and compassion fatigue.
Martha is a Diplomate in the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, demonstrating credentials and expertise in cognitive-behavioral therapy. She loves working with people to help them move toward health and wellness in all areas of life.
Professional Organizations & Associations:
- Clinical Fellow, American Academy of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Diplomate, Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- American Academy of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Family Therapy Magazine
- Psychotherapy Networker
- The New Social Worker
- Good Therapy
Books Authored or Contributed:
- Teater, M., Ludgate, J. (2014). Overcoming Compassion Fatigue: A Practical Resilience Workbook, PESI Publishing
- Teater, M., Teater, D. (2016). Treating Chronic Pain: Pill-Free Approaches to Move People from Hurt to Hope, PESI Publishing
- Teater, M., Teater, D., “Treating Patients with Substance Abuse Issues in Integrated Care” Integrated Care: Creating a Thriving Practice” Christian, E. and Curtis, R. (Eds.), Routledge, 2012.
Private Practice Site: https://www.marthateater.com
Teater Health Solutions: https://teaterhs.com/